Teachers’ rude move

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we hate when you’re in an argument with the teacher and they decide, when they start losing the argument, they use the “If you don’t do this you’re going to lose your privileges” or “say one more word and you will leave the room”. This is a sign of absolute power because they think we’re like animals on a farm you control, contain, and obscure them to be like everyone else. Once you recognize this you can’t help ,but see it all the time. So far the teachers that pulled that trick out on me is my language arts teacher and my art teacher

2 thoughts on “Teachers’ rude move

1. Hi Calvin,
    I think you wrote this the day I told you that you wouldn’t be able to use a computer unless you were doing the assignment rather than playing games. I’m sorry that I made you feel like I was trying to control you like an animal on a farm.

From my perspective, the computer is a piece of equipment the school is providing and when you use it you are agreeing to the idea that you are using it for the purpose it is intended. I’m sure that can feel frustrating when you want to be playing games, but there are probably better times to do that.

An analogy might be if someone were borrowing my car to drive to work, and then I found that they were driving their friends all around town instead. I probably wouldn’t let that person use my car anymore.

I don’t mind that you use my name in your post, but could you remove the other teacher’s name? I don’t feel like it is good blog etiquette to mention specific people in your post.

• I thought the school got the computers for the students its the same as a pencil, piece of paper, ruler, etc. I picture it as trying to kick me out of my own room.